Preparing Your Business for Rainy Season
South Florida residents have grown accustom to constant rain throughout the year. Rainy season, however, is right around the corner. Typically running from May through October, Floridians must be ready for almost daily thunderstorms. While some days are quick sprinkles, other days seem to feel like never-ending torrential downpour. Homeowners think about rainy season and how it may impact their home all of the time. Business owners, however, tend to give rainy season much less thought, if any at all.
As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that your business is as efficiently as possible. South Florida business owners must account for rainy season and how it may affect their company’s bottom line. Keep these tips in mind when preparing your business for rainy season this year:
- Make sure the gutters around your business are unclogged
- Have your roof inspected this month
- Make sure your stock room is secure and waterproofed
- Do a system backup of any important files
- Be sure to train your staff on what to do during heavy rains
- Keep your store equipped with the proper warning signs for slippery floors
- Prepare for a potential dip in sales by having a promotional event before rainy season begins
- Talk to other local business owners to get ideas from their preparation methods
No matter how you plan to prepare your business for rainy season, the key is to start thinking about it now. Giving yourself and your staff a few months to get ready is imperative to a smooth rainy season. If your commercial property has suffered from rain damage, our commercial water damage restoration professionals are ready to help. Contact the team at SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County today to learn more!