Preparing Your Small Business for the Holiday Season
The holiday season can be overwhelming for small business owners. From busy stores to vacationing staff, making sure that your commercial property is prepared for extra foot traffic can be difficult. Staying ahead of the competition means doing the legwork before the season hits and it is too late to prepare. In South Florida, the holiday season is busier than in most regions. From snowbirds to vacationers, it is critical to get your store ready to take advantage of the busy holiday time.
Taking advantage of the next month means outlining exactly what needs to get done and executing accordingly. Far too many business owners look to prepare for the holiday season in November, but that leaves little to no room for error. We recommend taking the following steps as soon as possible:
- Make your holiday schedule now and give your staff plenty of time to prepare and make arrangements to be at work when you need them to be
- Do an inventory check now and track last year’s holiday sales to ensure that you are ordering the correct amounts
- Get ahead of your paperwork in order to be present and available when your business gets slammed with customers
- Launch your holiday-focused marketing campaigns now
- Write down specific sales goals and objectives and share them with your staff
- Update your website and your online business listings with your holiday hours
- Decorate your store to help it stand out amongst your competition
- Make sure that your store is safe by keeping conditions clean and updated, especially given the additional foot traffic that is to come
Reducing holiday stress means planning in advance to ensure that your small business is not only prepared for the season, but in a position for success. At SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, we specialize in commercial restoration and restoration cleaning. Contact us today if you are in need of help to prepare your business for the holiday season!