Minimizing COVID-19 Risk at Your Office
As the world works to navigate this new way of living in the age of coronavirus, business owners in South Florida are scrambling to ensure that their business and their employees are healthy and safe. For essential businesses, that means protecting their space and workforce while they are still working. For non-essential businesses, that means preparing now to open doors as soon as Palm Beach County is allowed to do so.
COVID-19 has left all of us in a state of shock. From keeping our families safe to worrying about covering bills and living a normal life again, it can be easy to get down in the dumps about all of this. However, it is important to keep a positive attitude and do everything in your power to prepare for when business starts back up again. Minimizing your risk now is a critical aspect of getting things going once things are back to normal. Business owners must be vigilant during this time.
The following are some important tips to minimizing COVID-19 risk at your office:
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes in the crease of your elbow
- Regularly disinfect any areas that deemed as “high touch” – like light switches, handrails, and doorknobs
- Adjust your air conditioning unit and open windows to increase ventilation
- Stop shaking hands as a greeting
- Disinfect surfaces like desks, telephones, and keywords
- Utilize videoconferencing instead of in-person meetings
- Make sure that employees stay home if they are feeling sick
The CDC has advised upon the use of labeled hospital-grade disinfectant. At SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, we carry multiple products that have the EPA-approved emerging pathogens that fight things similar to the coronavirus. Is your office prepared to hit the ground running when business opens up again? Call us today to get a quote for our specialized cleaning services.