Hurricane Prep for Your Commercial Property
The most recent tropical storm has pointed out the importance of being prepared. The worst scenario for any business owner is having their commercial property damaged due to a heavy storm or hurricane. However, far too many business owners in South Florida fail to have a sound plan for their employees and place of business. While many Floridians use this time of year to get their individual homes ready, it can be easy to neglect the office.
Knowing that a hurricane can strike at any time means having a strategy in place to act fast in the event of an incoming storm. From your top level employees down, it is critical that everyone is on the same page when it comes to hurricane preparedness. The more prepared you and your business are now, the more time your employees will have to prepare their individual homes and families.
The following are some of the most valuable pieces of advice for protecting your commercial property before a hurricane strikes:
- Create a detailed and thorough emergency safety plan that all employees have read and understand
- Keep some backup supplies on hand at all times
- Trim the trees in the areas that surround the commercial property
- Have the business’s roof inspected
- Ensure that backup copies of all important documents are safely stored
- Review your property insurance
- Make a plan for outside accessories and signs
- Inform all employees that the emergency plan will commence as soon as a Hurricane Watch is issued
South Florida businesses must take precautions and safety measures now to safeguard their commercial properties as well as their work staff. Hurricanes are unpredictable, so taking action to control what can be controlled is critical to keeping everyone and everything as secure as possible.
As always, if your commercial property has sustained any storm damage we are here to help. SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County has helped countless South Florida businesses and we would be happy to send out commercial damage restoration team to your property right away.