Business Tips for Engaging with Locals
South Florida has a wonderful and thriving local business sector. It is the small businesses in our community that create the wonderful relationships and camaraderie that we have come to depend on. At SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, we are so proud to be amongst small businesses in our little South Florida family. We always aim to give back to them as much as we can and reinforce the fact that even though times may be tough, we are all in this together.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made things really tough for a lot of business throughout South Florida. During this time it has been essential that business owners get creative to keep current customers engaged and prospective customers interested. Engaging with locals is all about finding common ground, offering great incentives, and following up.
The following are some helpful tips for businesses looking to engage with their local community:
- Offer a deal for repeat purchases – customers love to be rewarded and offering incentives for frequenting your store is a great tactic
- Create a referral program to encourage current customers to bring in new prospects
- Team up with another local business and host an event
- Get active on social media and try to reply to comments (from praise to complaints)
- Sponsor a charity that you are passionate about
- Throw a customer appreciation party
While many businesses are struggling to bring in sizable sales numbers right now, the ones who are surviving are those who are able to innovate during these unprecedented times. From local events to social media activity, even the smallest bit of effort can go a long way in engaging your local community and, in turn, driving sales. At SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, we are honored to work amongst the South Florida local businesses who play such an important role in keeping our community together.