Recognizing Mold Problems in Your House
South Florida is a prime spot for mold to thrive. With humid climates and a lot of moisture, mildew loves to find its way into residential and commercial properties throughout the region. As we prepare to go into rainy season, South Florida homeowners must be aware of some of the most common signs of mold growth in their homes. The ability to identify these mildew issues early is imperative to avoiding costly repairs and potential health risks.
Generally speaking, kitchens and bathrooms are the most common culprits for mold growth. These areas of the home are known for dampness, moisture, and even humidity due to hot temperatures when cooking and taking a shower or bath. As such, these areas should be given extra attention when looking out for indications of mold.
The following are some of the most common signs of mold growth in your home:
- Mold growing under the carpet or rug
- Bubbling paint on the walls
- Attic insulation begins to lump
- Washing machine leaks or sink leaks
- Broken exhaust fan in the bathroom
- Funky odor in the home
- Asthma becomes bothersome when inside of the house
- Water damage is not treated right away
- Mold becomes visible on the ceilings or walls
- Eyes water or feel a sting when inside of the home
While the kitchen and bathroom is the most frequently seen area with mold growth, the garage and the laundry room are also common culprits. Being aware of the problems spots as well as the signs linked to mildew growth will go a long way in preventing problems in your home. As always, if you do recognize mold growth in your home we are here for you. Be sure to contact SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County right way if you see any signs of mold in your home.