9 Ways for Your Small Business to Boost Sales This Summer
Summer is right around the corner and that can spell trouble for a lot of small business in South Florida. While we are hopefully reaching the end of the pandemic, those businesses who were able to survive are likely thinking about how they can maintain sales this summer. In South Florida, the snowbirds tend to exit this month and that means that there are a lot less people in the Sunshine State, meaning a lot less potential customers.
While the thought of less Florida residents seems scary for some business owners, it is important to remember that the summer months also bring in a lot of out of town travelers. So, how can business owners in South prepare now to ensure that their stores are able to survive the summer? What tactics can be used to keep the business thriving by attracting new customers and encouraging returning customers to make purchases?
The following are some important tips for small business owners to keep in mind this summer:
- Run a summer-only promotion and use social media to spread the word
- Sponsor a local event in the community
- Create a sales competition within the office to encourage employees to really push themselves
- Launch a loyalty program for past customers
- Create a content calendar to map out how you will push certain inventory during the summer months
- Host events in the store that focus on particular items
- Consider partnering with another local business to cross-promote product lines
- Communicate the store’s COVID-friendly safety policies
- Use email marketing to communicate with customers that inspire repeat purchases
The dreaded summer slow months are difficult for many small business owners in South Florida. However, with a plan in place the likelihood of surviving increases tremendously. At SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, we are proud to support all of the small businesses in our community.