Getting Your Small Business Holiday Season Ready
With Thanksgiving in the rearview mirror, all focus has shifted to the holiday season. Small business owners understand that this time of year is absolutely crucial to their overall success. As such, it is so important that everything from the staff to the store are adequately prepared for the holiday season. Holidays can be complicated for a number of reasons. With the traffic in the store increasing everyday leading up the Christmas, everyone must be organized and equipped to handle the influx while optimizing sales.
Small businesses looking to make the most out of the month means taking calculated steps to get the store and the workforce ready. The following steps will prove to be essential to keeping business thriving over the next month:
- Consistently check inventory to ensure there are no shortages
- Review last year’s holiday numbers to anticipate what to have in the store versus what to order less of
- Make sure that your website and all local online listings are updated with proper holiday store hours and contact information
- Go over the holiday schedule with your staff so that there are no surprises
- Give your social media a boost with a holiday-specific marketing plan that aims to get people excited about your products/services
- Incentivize staff with a sales competition
- Decorate the store, including the break room, to keep patrons and employees in the holiday spirit
- As an owner, be sure to get ahead of paperwork now so that you can be present during the busiest hours
- Communicate sales goals with your staff
- Plan to have extra cleaning crews to make sure that the store is not only in a safe condition, but to entice patrons to keep coming back
Holiday season in South Florida can be a very stressful time for small business owners. With proper preparation, however, businesses will be able to take advantage of the increase in foot traffic all while keeping their employees happy and motivated. On behalf of SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County, Happy Holidays!