Post-Construction Cleaning Tips
After a renovation or any type of construction on a commercial property is completed, quite of bit of dust, debris, and general mess typically follows. In order to get back to business as quickly as possible, it is imperative to conduct a number of cleaning practices to ensure the property is ready for customers to walk through the door. Things like remodeling a retail space, upgrading the lobby of a hotel, or renovating a restaurant kitchen all require a multitude of materials and equipment. This material and equipment creates a serious mess that will require a deep, maybe even professional, cleaning.
When the contractors and construction workers leave the site, they often neglect to clean up after themselves. Therefore, it is smart to have a basic understanding of what to look for when cleaning a commercial property after construction work is completed. After the job is finished and the dust settles, keep the following cleaning tips in mind:
- Be sure to clean all of the lighting fixtures
- Spot treat carpet
- Vacuum all flooring
- Dust air diffusers
- Damp mop and buff wood flooring – waxing may be required as well
- Retouch baseboards
- Thoroughly wipe down the windows, mirrors, and any interior glass throughout the property
- Clean all restroom fixtures
- When necessary, do a deep carpet cleaning
- Check in areas like closets and cabinets to remove any dust
- Sweep exterior walkways
- Polish light switches, door knobs, and window frames
From strip malls to office buildings, from restaurants to schools, and from hospitals to retail stores, the ability to properly clean a commercial property after construction is imperative. At SERVPRO our team of commercial cleaning and restoration professionals have years of experience in post-construction clean up. Contact us today to learn more!